FY 2021: Ben Franklin Approved $6.1 Million in 31 Companies
An In-Depth Look at Pa.’s Entrepreneurial Ecosystem Highlights the Strength and Importance of BFTP
The Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED) and Carnegie Mellon University recently teamed up on a report to foster the commonwealth’s entrepreneurial ecosystem and create a dashboard of data to drive policy so our state remains competitive. A key finding of the Carnegie Mellon report specifically points to Ben Franklin as a vital asset that Pennsylvania can leverage to grow its innovation economy.
The economic impact of Ben Franklin was felt in every region of the commonwealth, including:
- 1,309 jobs created by client companies
- 12,446 jobs retained by client companies
- 443 new products and processes launched
- 101 new companies formed
- 167 patents and software copyrights awarded to client companies
- 1,697 companies assisted by Ben Franklin
- $1,832,430,632 sales revenue generated by client companies
- $894,580,226 post-BFTP financing secured by client companies
Read the full report here.
Companies Approved for Investment in FY21
To view details about each company, visit our directory page.
Astarte Medical Partners