Medtech Stakeholders Meeting Recap: Medtech Thriving in Philadelphia Region
Last week’s Medtech Stakeholders meeting reaffirmed three things for the Greater Philadelphia area’s medtech and device sector in a big way: 1) innovation is here; 2) we’re hungry for more, and; 3) the industry knows it.
The meeting was hosted by Evolve IP on September 9th, with its 60 attendees buzzing amidst a full agenda of great topics and insights. This session, the third one held this year was highlighted by a discussion panel on Exit strategies, which included:
- Intact Vascular CEO Bruce Shook, presenting an in-depth review of how he raised $38.9 million in a Series B venture capital financing in May;
- Trice Medical CEO Jeff O’Donnell and Safeguard Scientifics’ Seth Zuckerman, who discussed how Trice and Safeguard came together to secure the first tranche of an $11.6 million financing lead by Safeguard
- EndoChoice Global Vice President of Commercialization Scott Fraser, describing their path from Angel investments through to its June IPO on the NYSE.
Exciting news was shared by Ray Briscuso from AdvaMed, the nation’s leading med device trade organization. AdvaMed is working to finalize its plans to hold its annual conference in Philly in 2018.
The program also included:
- Updates on Plexus, the new med device co-working space at 3001 Market plus an invitation to the joint Ben Franklin/PACT event at Plexus on October 15th;
- An Introduction to Penn’s new DevelUPMED program;
- Presentations from two companies, Essential Medical and CelluloMedix.
Ben Franklin and PACT will also participate in the Medtech World Conference this year, October 7-8 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center. It boasts a full schedule of great programming, with a packed Center Stage agenda featuring Ben Franklin’s Anthony Green.
Pre-register at http://mdmphilly.mddionline.com/ with the Code TK to receive free expo admission, and attend the education and training portion of the event at a 20% discount by entering the Conference Discount Code DISCC.
For those interested in attending this years AdvaMed 2015 Conference in San Diego, October 5-7, qualifying MedTech Roundtable Stakeholders (medtech companies with 0-$2M revenue) may register for a full access conference registration for only $700 by entering the coupon code “INNOVATORAPP”. All others (service providers, larger companies, etc.) may receive a 25% off their appropriate registration category by entering coupon code “PABIO25”.