Ben Franklin Health Portfolio companies bring $270M to Greater Philadelphia Region
Recent Highlights from Ben Franklin’s Health Portfolio:
- New Philadelphia collaboration promotes innovation in health care
Ben Franklin joins Philadelphia-area institutions in an initiative to make the region a global leader in health care innovation.
- Philadelphia Surging with Digital Health Innovation
Digital Health in the region is a big initiative for Ben Franklin. We partnered with CEO Council for Growth, EY, Fairmount Partners, and PACT on a report detailing Southeastern PA’s Digital Health strengths.
- Temple Ventures—Powered by Ben Franklin is a new initiative funding ideas that come from Temple University’s labs and benches. An innovative partnership:
Temple University and Ben Franklin Partner to Spark Technological Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Greater Philadelphia
Ben Franklin’s Health Portfolio companies in the news:
- 5/28/15 – Philadelphia’s TowerView tests its high-tech pillbox, a device that helps patients track meds
- 5/27/15 – InstaMed Releases 2014 Trends in Healthcare Payments Annual Report
- 5/26/15 – QR Pharma Issues $5.7M of Series A Preferred Stock
- 5/21/15 – Biomeme @ New York Tech Day 2015
- 5/5/15 – BioBots Is A 3D Printer For Living Cells
- 4/29/15 – Independence Partners with DreamIt Health Startup TowerView Health to Improve Medication Adherence
- 2/17/15 – BioBots is Back in the News Again and This Time They’re Heading to SXSW!
Also, they won an award there!
- 11/21/14 – BioNano Genomics Takes on $53M (Started in Philly and moved to San Fran)
- 11/17/14 – MBF Therapeutics’ Anticancer Pet Drug Starting Clinical Trial Testing
- 11/14/14 – LexisNexis Announces Intention to Acquire Health Market Science
- 10/31/14 – Biomeme’s smartphone diagnostic to be used to track Ebola virus in West Africa
- 10/30/14 – Relmada Therapeutics Adds $15 Million in Capital to Expedite Development of Pain Treatment Drugs
- 10/28/14 – Philadelphia Surging with Digital Health Innovation
- 10/23/14 – Three of these nine innovative technologies are Ben Companies!
- 10/01/14 – Drexel Biomedical Engineers to Help Upgrade Brain Injury Detection Device Used by Navy and Marines
- 9/26/14 – Biomeme at Dreamit Health Baltimore Demo Day
- 9/18/14 – Ben’s helping innovation in the Greater Philadelphia Region take another step forward
- 9/11/14 – Philly Startup Grand Round Table Brings Technology to Medical Ritual
- 8/15/14 – This Smartphone-Connected Device Will One Day Quickly Detect Your STDs
- 6/24/14 – How Thomas Bailey survived the topsy-turvy pharmaceutical industry
- 5/27/14 – Biomeme Expands from NextFab Incubator