2013 Statewide Brochure
Since 1989, BFTP has:
- Boosted the PA economy by more than $23.5 billion
- Generated 51,000 jobs in client firms
- Added 89,000 additional jobs beyond those in client firms, yielding a total of 140,000 new jobs attributable to BFTP’s support
And especially compelling for these challenging times:
- From 2007-2011, the Commonwealth received $358 million in additional state tax receipts, plus $144 million in state tax receipts from related BFTP client services, for a total increase of $502 million in state revenue as a direct result of BFTP investments in client firms.
- New state tax revenue generated because of BFTP represents a 3.6-to-1 payback to the Commonwealth on its $137.7 million investment in BFTP.