Reports To: Director, Human Resources and Operations
Ben Franklin Technology Partners of Southeastern PA combines the best practices of early-stage investing with a higher purpose – to lead the region’s technology community to new heights, creating jobs, and transforming lives.
For over 35 years, Ben Franklin Technology Partners of Southeastern PA has been the leading seed-stage capital provider for the region’s technology sectors, investing over $200 million in more than 2,000 regional technology companies, many of which have gone on to become industry leaders. Ben Franklin has also launched university/industry partnerships that accelerate scientific discoveries to commercialization and has seeded regional initiatives that strengthen our entrepreneurial community.
The Systems Administrator will be responsible for the management, development, integration, coordination, and maintenance of Ben’s Information Systems, including local area network activities, office equipment (desktop computers, laptop computers, tablet PCs, mobile phones, IP phones, printers, wireless access points and routers) and all aspects of telephony and other communications systems. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting and growing Ben’s IS service offerings, which include cloud-based computing, infrastructure management, and problem remediation. The ideal candidate will have a solid background and experience with cloud computing platforms and technology, most specifically the Microsoft Office 365 suite of tools, OneDrive, SharePoint, Azure and preferably CRM (Salesforce).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a technical resource to determine the needs of our businesses that will simplify and automate applications as well as make Ben more efficient.
- Assist in investigation and resolution of problems that arise with the use of the network and all other information systems installed at BFTP/SEP. Act as the primary liaison to external technical support vendors.
- Communicate with and train staff on the function and features of the desktop environment, LAN, WAN, and Telephone systems. New hardware and software usage. Instruct staff on established standards of use.
- Establish and maintain network user accounts, user environments, directory access, e-mail system, hand-held accounts devices, and network security.
- Configures systems hardware and software to enhance performance management and capacity planning.
- Responsible for design, development, and hands-on implementation of cloud solutions.
- Responsible for managing and providing operational support for the cloud environment. This includes developing active operational processes and procedures and training team members.
- Implement automation where needed, improving on monitoring strategies, and maintenance and optimization of cloud infrastructure.
- Be the point of escalation for troubleshooting and remediating cloud issues. Hands-on client project support, minimizing service outages, and produce documentation for issue tracking.
- Create and manage best practice documents and procedures to provide uniform, compliant cloud environment for production implementation.
- Evaluate and analyze network and memory utilization: responsible for scheduled system backup.
- Manage daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up.
- Perform daily system monitoring, server resources, and systems, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Will perform security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions and support anti-virus, anti-spam, and malware updated/fixes.
- Administers and maintains Ben’s internal and external files sharing systems.
- Explore new technologies and make recommendations for new, cost-effective systems.
- Support the creation of tech policies and budgets; make budgetary recommendations; communicate about financial impact.
- Development and maintain vendor relationships for IS Department, products and services
- Maintain regular contact with the supervisor, regarding management of the department budget, updates in relation to tasks performed, and the status of major network and telephone system activities.
- Assist at integrating apps & technologies into the systems.
- Update Knowledgebase and Standard Operating Procedure.
Other Skills and Qualifications Requirements:
- Working knowledge of local area networks, wide area networks, and various computer hardware, Active Directory, Exchange Server, and Website administration.
- Working knowledge of Windows-based applications and operating systems software, with emphasis on Microsoft office suites.
- The ability to develop, approve, and enact systems changes.
- Must be well equipped with experience in implementation, installation, and configuration of computers, including telephony design and maintenance.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work without supervision in highly technical areas.
- Possess a high degree of discretion, experience, confidentiality, and good judgment in decision-making.
- Take initiative and work independently, seeking direction where appropriate.
- Work effectively with a variety of people, including the senior management staff, staff, committees, and colleagues.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, meet deadlines, and adjust quickly to meet emergencies.
- Detail-oriented and work well under pressure.
- Maintain the highest professional standards in written and oral communication.
- Possess excellent inter-personal communications skills.
- Relevant technical certifications preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in desktop computer support.
- Ability to work independently adheres to prescribed procedures, work extra hours as needed, and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong customer service skills.
Competitive compensation, including full benefits and match to organization’s 403b plan.