Summer Intern 2023
Deadline: Open until filled
Ben Franklin Technology Partners of Southeastern Pennsylvania (Ben Franklin) is a mission-driven nonprofit organization that combines the best practices of venture capital investing with a higher purpose – to lead the region’s technology community to new heights, creating jobs and transforming lives.
Ben Franklin is one of the nation’s leading venture development organizations (VDOs). Nationally ranked among the most active seed and early-stage investors, Ben Franklin works to help high-growth innovative enterprises plant and nurture their roots, supporting more than 2,000 companies to create both immediate connections and growth opportunities, while delivering an economic impact of more than $5 billion and 32,000 jobs in the Philadelphia region.
Ben Franklin’s Investment Group is responsible for stimulating the formation and growth of technology enterprises in the region by attracting investment partnerships, investing risk capital, providing our portfolio companies with customized, hands-on business development services and partnering to create a vibrant, entrepreneurial community through our leadership and/or support of regional entrepreneurial initiatives, organizations, and events.
The Summer Intern will participate in a variety of projects and work that support Ben Franklin’s investments in regional technology companies, including but not limited to:
- Taking the lead in fulfilling special and ad hoc projects to support Ben Franklin’s large and varied portfolio of companies as they continue to grow.
- Researching technology and investment trends.
- Assisting Investment Group staff to prepare investment memos and articles showcasing start-up case studies and outcomes.
- Assisting Investment Group staff to present investment opportunities.
- Reviewing company presentations.
- Assisting in organizing portfolio information and data management and collection.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of the following or similar hardware/software: Windows-based operating systems; Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, OneNote, Project & PowerPoint), O365.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong project management thinking with autonomous yet flexible execution.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, utilize resources at hand, meet deadlines, and adjust quickly to changing priorities.
- A high degree of discretion, confidentiality and good judgment in the decision-making process.
- Ability to adhere to prescribed procedures, take the initiative and work independently.
- Interact professionally and communicate effectively with Ben Franklin clients, the general public, and colleagues.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program.
- Experience and comfort with professional and creative writing preferred.
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to assist others and work as a team player.
*Please submit a cover letter and resume*
Please respond via employer portal at https://www.sep.benfranklin.org/resources/career-opportunities/
Ben Franklin maintains an inclusive workforce, where employees are hired, retained, compensated, and promoted based on their contributions to our mission, free from discrimination, prejudice, and bias. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our organization and our investment practices. Our collective strength is rooted in our values, where we support and honor our mission, appreciate and humbly serve our community and each other, demonstrate collaboration, and commit that “We Are the Change.” Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran or military status, or any other status protected by applicable law.