Deadline: Until filled
Reports to: Assistant Controller
Ben Franklin Technology Partners of Southeastern PA combines the best practices of early-stage investing with a higher purpose – to lead the region’s technology community to new heights, creating jobs and transforming lives.
For over 35 years, Ben Franklin Technology Partners of Southeastern PA has been the leading seed-stage capital provider for the region’s technology sectors, investing over $200 million in more than 2,000 regional technology companies, many of which have gone on to become industry leaders. Ben Franklin has also launched university/industry partnerships that accelerate scientific discoveries to commercialization and has seeded regional initiatives that strengthen our entrepreneurial community.
The position is responsible for general accounting duties that include processing accounts receivables into the general ledger, assisting the Controller and Assistant Controller with the monthly and quarterly financial close. These duties would include support for accounts payable and vendor management, account reconciliations, expense analysis, and ad-hoc reporting as needed. The position is also responsible for contract management, including reviewing grants and other contracts to ensure compliance and management of the contract and grant accounting and reporting processes.
The position processes grant activity as required and prepares financial reports and invoice submissions to awarding agencies. Responsibilities include: compliance oversight and monitoring; expenditure and budget tracking; internal communication of grant contract mandates and Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED) Guidelines; liaison with subcontracting institutions and partners; internal reporting; developing projections and matching funds tracking. The position assists in the grant proposal process, develops related audit schedules, and tracks grant and contract modifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Record Accounts Receivables.
- Post company investment activity into a subsidiary ledger.
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations and budget analyses.
- Assist with annual financial audit and prepare SEFA (Schedule of Expenses for Federal Awards) for Uniform Guidance audit.
- Provide support for accounts payable position and assist with vendor set-up.
- Provide external reporting by funding source (i.e., federal, state, other).
- Work with departments to ensure compliance with contractual obligations.
- Monitor and report on grant and contract compliance (i.e., invoicing, payments, matching funds, budget to actual performance, etc.).
- Prepare funding applications and proposal budgets.
- Maintain the integrity, accuracy, and consistency of Ben Franklin’s grant-related database information.
- Coordinate all administrative and financial matters with grant institutions.
- Perform other job-related duties, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- Two to three years’ general accounting experience (AR/AP)
- Working Knowledge of accounting and reporting for grants and contracts (preferred).
- Working knowledge of federal funding websites for drawdown and payment tracking.
- Ability to solve problems creatively, adhere to prescribed procedures, work extra hours as needed, and maintain confidentiality.
- Willing to assist others as needed.
- Intermediate experience with Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Ability to work collaboratively with departments throughout the organization to complete grant and contract related administrative tasks.
- Prior experience with automated accounting systems (MS Dynamics experience preferred).
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload; carry out complex assignments independently; highly self-motivated.
- Handle multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Competitive compensation, including full benefits and match to the organization’s 403b plan.