Deadline: Open until filled
Ben Franklin Technology Partners of Southeastern Pennsylvania (Ben Franklin) is a mission-driven nonprofit organization that combines the best practices of early-stage investing with a higher purpose – to lead the region’s technology community to new heights, creating jobs and transforming lives.
Ben Franklin is one of the nation’s leading venture development organizations (VDOs). Nationally ranked among the most active seed and early-stage investors, Ben Franklin works to help high-growth innovative enterprises plant and nurture their roots, supporting more than 2,000 companies to create both immediate connections and growth opportunities, while delivering an economic impact of more than $5 billion and 32,000 jobs in the Philadelphia region.
Ben Franklin’s Strategic Initiatives Group leads exploration and development of new initiatives, and manages engagement with varied stakeholders. This new hire will be organizational lead for social impact analysis and reporting to key stakeholders. The Analyst will also serve as an internal resource in the development and funding of new initiatives. The Analyst will support communication with funders, investors, Ben Franklin alumni and other constituents.
This team member will draw on a full toolkit of analytical and communication skills to translate complex information into polished, effective and engaging content for varied purposes.
$70 – 95k
Reports To: VP, Strategic Initiatives
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead any collaborative efforts to coordinate data and research for the development of Ben Franklin’s regional or statewide reports and projects.
- Gather, synthesize, and disseminate data, stories, and other evidence of successes and impact to inform internal audiences and to engage external supporters.
- Serve as writer, editor, and storyteller, helping create compelling content for purposes as varied as emails, websites, social media, slide decks, reports, grant reports, and other materials.
- Manage impact survey reports and other efforts to assess impact, creating and maintaining efficient reporting tools and robust use of Salesforce.
- Assist in promoting and marketing to current and potential donors/funders including researching prospects, developing and maintaining prospect lists, coordinating meetings, and drafting letters and other marketing collateral.
- Work with the Communications/Marketing team to create necessary materials and collateral that communicates BFTPs goal with donors and prospects, and ensuring donors and prospects receive timely information.
- Manage donor/sponsor communications and relationship management.
- Assist in the development and submission of grant proposals. Frame, write and edit grant proposal content, sometimes converting complex content into compelling appeals to a lay audience.
- Develop and manage periodic communications with key external stakeholders including legislators.
- Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, working closely across the organization to understand project requirements.
- Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice.
- Direct Salesforce (or similar) experience as well as general experience with other data systems.
- Self-reliant, results-oriented, good problem solver.
- Strong research skills and attention to detail.
- Strong project management skills.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to present data and convey complex concepts in a clear, concise, and logical manner.
- Good judgment, discretion, tact, and the ability to work easily with a variety of organizational leaders.
- Track record of thinking conceptually and mastering complex subject matter quickly.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Three – eight years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of impact investing and/or technology-based economic development programs is preferred.
Benefits of Working for Ben Franklin:
Ben Franklin offers a competitive salary based on experience and skills and excellent benefits, including employer-paid health, disability, life insurance, retirement savings plan with employer match, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off, including parental leave, professional development opportunities and much more!
Please note: During COVID-19, our team has been working remotely, and we anticipate continuing to do so for the foreseeable future. While this position will start in a remote work environment, our preference is for hiring a candidate who intends to join us in the office when health conditions permit.
*Cover letter and resume required.*