Art Director/Manager, Marketing & Creative Services
Deadline: Open until filled
Ben Franklin Technology Partners of Southeastern Pennsylvania (Ben Franklin) is a mission-driven nonprofit organization that combines the best practices of early-stage investing with a higher purpose – to lead the region’s technology community to new heights, creating jobs and transforming lives.
Ben Franklin is one of the nation’s leading venture development organizations (VDOs). Nationally ranked among the most active seed and early-stage investors, Ben Franklin works to help high-growth innovative enterprises plant and nurture their roots, supporting more than 2,000 companies to create both immediate connections and growth opportunities, while delivering an economic impact of more than $5 billion and 32,000 jobs in the Philadelphia region.
Candidate must have a strong graphic design background, and have the ability to work on a team to manage and execute integrated brand marketing and proactive communication programs in public and media relations, special events, web, and direct mail. Candidate must be a self-starter, detail oriented, organized and able to work independently to meet deadlines.
$65 – 80K
Reports To: Vice President, Marketing and Communications
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement core strategies for marketing and communications with Ben Franklin partners and audiences, including Ben Franklin’s portfolio and alumni companies, investors, and community partners.
- Coordinate and execute internal and external graphic design needs for Ben Franklin, as well as partners and clients as needed, through both direct work and vendor support.
- Along with VP M&C, manage relationships and day-to-day project execution of Ben Franklin activities produced with PR, content development, and event-focused service vendors and partners.
- Work closely with Investment Group and Strategic Initiatives teams to develop and execute activities to attract targeted portfolio pipeline, potential partnerships, and funding sources.
- Maintain and refresh website and social media content directly and through vendor support.
- Manage print projects from creation to completion with external vendors.
- Develop and coordinate key sponsorships and events with principal partners to maximize Ben Franklin’s exposure through advertising, promotional materials and on-site programs.
- Coordinate and execute email marketing campaigns to Ben Franklin’s key audiences.
- Create and utilize campaign reports and tracking analytics to inform communication direction.
- Compile, track & distribute news media coverage/clips.
- Coordinate news postings and social media engagement on Ben Franklin profiles including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and other social media platforms that may apply.
- Provide creative strategies related to layout, conception, design and packaging of marketing materials.
- Distribute media announcements (Via website, social media & email marketing).
- Assist in coordination of mailing/package assembly and delivery for special presentations & events.
- Coordinate and/or assist in all marketing activities and projects to meet the communications needs of the organization.
- Prepare staff to represent Ben Franklin in industry-related events, seminars, public speaking engagements, panels, trade shows, and specialized marketing programs.
- Coordinate meetings & special events.
- Compile and maintain accurate and targeted media lists in online email marketing systems.
- Stay abreast of graphic trends so visual solutions are effective and unique.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA or equivalent preferred.
- 5+ years of business experience in graphic design and coordinating marketing & communication projects desired.
- Willingness to work extra hours as needed. Ability to assist others and work as a team player. Requires excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conceptualize, create, and develop projects in a variety of graphic styles and be able to articulate those ideas; solid design skills including layout, image selection, typography and use of color.
- Expertise in working with Adobe Creative Suite in either Mac or PC-based environments. InDesign proficiency required for both online and print content creation.
- Comfort with web publishing platforms such as WordPress or others.
- Comfort with utilizing CMS and marketing automation systems, such as Salesforce, Hubspot, Hootsuite, MailChimp, Constant Contact and others. Familiarity with Pardot and Eventbrite a plus.
- Photography, videography, and video editing capabilities are a plus.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- High degree of discretion, confidentiality and good judgment in decision-making process.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines, and adjust quickly to changing priorities.
- Ability to adhere to prescribed procedures, take initiative and work independently.
Benefits of Working for Ben Franklin:
Ben Franklin offers a competitive salary based on experience and skills and excellent benefits, including employer-paid health, disability, life insurance, retirement savings plan with employer match, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off, including parental leave, professional development opportunities and much more!
Please note: During COVID-19, our team has been working remotely, and we anticipate continuing to do so for the foreseeable future. While this position will start in a remote work environment, our preference is for hiring a candidate who intends to join us in the office when health conditions permit.
*Cover letter and resume required.*