Deadline: Open until filled. Please submit a cover letter and resume.
Ben Franklin Technology Partners of Southeastern Pennsylvania (Ben Franklin) is a mission-driven nonprofit organization that combines the best practices of venture capital investing with a higher purpose – to lead the region’s technology community to new heights, creating jobs and transforming lives.
Ben Franklin is one of the nation’s leading venture development organizations (VDOs). Nationally ranked among the most active seed and early-stage investors, Ben Franklin works to help high-growth innovative enterprises plant and nurture their roots, supporting more than 2,000 companies to create both immediate connections and growth opportunities, while delivering an economic impact of more than $5 billion and 32,000 jobs in the Philadelphia region.
Working in our Finance Department, the Accounting Analyst will be responsible for accounting, analysis, compliance, reporting, and administrative support associated with grants and other revenues under the guidance of the Director of Grant Administration and Assistant Controller. Responsibilities include analysis of budgets and expenditures, tracking and monitoring compliance programs, supporting development of proposals and presentations, and preparing financial reports. The Accounting Analyst will also support accounting operational functions and assist with monthly and quarterly closing transactions, reporting and analysis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Accounting Analyst performs a broad range of substantive duties, such as:
- Accounting and analysis of grants, other revenues and expenses including payments, invoicing, and reporting.
- Supporting grant financial and operational compliance, including monitoring and internal controls.
- Assisting in coordinating all administrative and financial matters with grantors, institutions and vendors including expense and revenue management.
- Preparing journal entries, reconciliations, analysis, and reporting in support of the monthly and quarterly financial close.
- Supporting and assisting with the annual financial statement audit, compliance audits, tax filings and other regulatory reporting.
- Working with other Ben Franklin departments to ensure compliance with contractual obligations.
- Providing back-up support for other Finance Department functions.
- Supporting other ad hoc requests as needed.
How You’re a Great Fit (Education, Experience, Skills, Expertise, Capabilities):
Education & Experience:
- BS/BA in accounting is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in accounting, analysis and grants administration.
- Must have knowledge of accounting for grants and contracts.
- Prior experience with automated accounting systems (Dynamics experience preferred).
Skills & Expertise:
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Office 365), and able to access computer networks as well as with PC-based accounting and other financial systems.
- Experience with contract management software (such as Salesforce and DocuSign).
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems, adhere to prescribed procedures, and maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple work tasks (both collaboratively and individually), set priorities, meet deadlines, and quickly adapt to change.
- Maintains the highest professional standards in written and oral communication.
- Possesses excellent inter-personal communications skills.
- Exhibits a high degree of discretion, integrity, and professional accountability.
- Willingness to assist others as needed, and flexibility to work additional hours as needed to support the team.
- Willingness to learn and grow.
Benefits of Working for Ben Franklin:
Ben Franklin offers a competitive salary based on experience and skills and excellent benefits, including employer-paid health, disability, life insurance, retirement savings plan with employer match, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off, including parental leave, professional development opportunities and much more!