Information Support Technician
Part Time <35 hours/week
Deadline: June 22, 2019
Ben Franklin Technology Partners of Southeastern PA combines the best practices of early-stage investing with a higher purpose – to lead the region’s technology community to new heights, creating jobs and transforming lives.
For over 30 years, Ben Franklin Technology Partners of Southeastern PA has been the leading seed stage capital provider for the region’s technology sectors, investing over $175 million in more than 1,750 regional technology companies, many of which have gone on to become industry leaders. Ben Franklin has also launched university/industry partnerships that accelerate scientific discoveries to commercialization and has seeded regional initiatives that strengthen our entrepreneurial community.
The position is responsible for contract management that would include review of grants and other contracts to ensure compliance and management of the contract and grant reporting processes. The general accounting duties include processing accounts receivables into the general ledger. These duties would include account reconciliations, expense analysis and ad-hoc reporting as needed.
Additionally, the Contract Accountant is responsible for fiscal and compliance matters related to all grants. The position processes grants activity on a daily basis and prepares financial report and invoice submissions to awarding agencies. Responsibilities also include: compliance oversight and monitoring; expenditure and budget tracking; internal communication of grants contracts mandate and Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED) Guidelines; acting as liaison with subcontracting institutions and partners; providing internal monthly reports; developing projections and tracking matching funds. The position assists in the grant proposal process, develops related audit schedules, and tracks grants and contracts modifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Record Accounts Receivables.
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations and budget analyses.
- Assist with annual financial audit and prepare SEFA (Schedule of Expenses for Federal Awards) for Uniform Guidance audit.
- Provide periodic support for accounts payable position and assist with vendor set-up.
- Manage and provide external reporting by funding source (i.e., federal, state, other).
- Monitor and report on grant and contract compliance (i.e., invoicing, payments, matching funds, budget to actual performance, etc.).
- Work with departments to ensure grant compliance.
- Prepare funding applications and proposal budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree required; educational emphasis in Accounting or Business Administration preferred.
- Two to three years’ general accounting experience (AR/AP).
- Working Knowledge of accounting for grants and contracts (preferred).
- Working knowledge of federal funding websites for drawdown and payment tracking.
- Perform other job-related duties as required.
- Intermediate experience with Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Prior experience with automated accounting systems (Dynamics experience preferred).
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload.
- Handle multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Competitive compensation, including full benefits and match to organization’s 403b plan.