Manager, Portfolio Administration
Deadline: Open until filled
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Portfolio Monitoring and Management
- Act as the Finance Department’s primary point of contact for portfolio companies regarding:
- General compliance inquiries
- Workouts and modifications
- Valuation documentation
- General finance/accounting inquiries
- Oversee all compliance activities within the investment portfolio to ensure portfolio companies’ adherence to investment contracts, including:
- Monitor investment deal terms and engage portfolio companies, as needed
- Oversee drafting and distribute quarterly statements
- Administer late fees and default letters
- Facilitate workouts with portfolio companies
- Manage quarterly meetings with the investment team to review outstanding compliance issues and recommendations
- Ensure all portfolio monitoring and management activities are properly documented, including drafting investment amendment contracts.
- Review and analyze financial information received from portfolio companies and make recommendations with respect to portfolio management and investment valuations.
- Manage and monitor underperforming investments. Make recommendations for action as needed.
- Participate in quarterly valuation of debt and equity investments.
- Assist with assessment of potential transactions (conversions, payoffs, etc).
- Support preparation of documents and reports of organizational investment activity at various periods throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, or annually).
- Oversee the internal document closing processes; review investment contracts and other documents for completeness and accuracy in relation to term sheets and other source information.
- Coordinate submission of funding requests by portfolio companies.
- Oversee administration of investment files to ensure all necessary documentation is properly maintained, including collection of signatures on required documents; maintain and manage electronic files for all investments.
- Manage the UCC filing process.
- Upload investment information and other required data into CRM system (Salesforce); maintain an updated and accurate portfolio management dashboard in CRM system.
- Work with the investment team to ensure a seamless onboarding process for prospective companies.
- Assist with gathering documentation and other information for annual audit and audits of various organizational programs.
- Assist with preparing information for Quarterly, Semiannual, and Annual reports, as well as internal compliance reports, as required.
- Assist with managing funding partner relationships and processes.
- Research compliance requirements for new and existing investment programs; monitor compliance with program requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or similar area of study.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in investment administration, with a minimum total of 7 years’ experience in a finance or investment related role, preferred.
- Strong interest or related experience in venture capital investing, investment compliance, or early-stage investment activities. An understanding of early-stage debt and equity investing is preferred, including in the areas of valuations and analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to draft routine business correspondences independently.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Office 365, Sharepoint); ability to navigate web-based systems and software.
- Experience with databases and CRM systems, Salesforce preferred.
- Familiarity with use of on-line communication modes, tools, and methods.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to accomplish department and organization goals, with strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Capable of managing multiple projects, setting priorities and meeting deadlines, while adjusting to changing priorities.
- Self-motivated and energetic with excellent analytic skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and foster collaborative relationships; record of successful collaboration with others to achieve business objectives.
Benefits of Working for Ben Franklin:
Ben Franklin offers a competitive salary based on experience and skills and excellent benefits, including employer-paid health, disability, life insurance, retirement savings plan with employer match, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off, including parental leave, professional development opportunities and much more!
Application deadline: Open until filled. Please submit a cover letter and resume.
Please respond via employer portal at https://www.sep.benfranklin.org/resources/career-opportunities/