Associate, Investor Relations
Deadline: Open until filled
Reports to: VP, Strategic Initiatives
Ben Franklin Technology Partners of Southeastern Pennsylvania (Ben Franklin) is one of the nation’s leading venture development organizations (VDOs). Nationally ranked among the most active seed and early-stage investors, Ben Franklin works to help high-growth innovative enterprises plant and nurture their roots and has supported more than 2,000 companies to create both immediate connections and growth opportunities while delivering an economic impact of more than $5 billion and over 32,000 jobs in the Philadelphia region.
Ben Franklin continues to attract capital from various stakeholders, including corporations, not-for-profit, public entities, and impact investors. The Investor Relations Associate will support the Vice President of Strategic Initiatives to manage communications with stakeholders, supporting ongoing external relationships, and building new relationships with an emphasis on those keen on multiplying their impact.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gather, synthesize, and disseminate data, stories, and other success/impact measures to inspire supporters.
- Frame, write and edit grant proposal and report content, sometimes converting more complex content for compelling appeals to a lay audience.
- Serve as a writer, editor, and storyteller, helping create compelling content for emails, websites, social media, slide decks, talking points, reports, grant reports, and other materials. This will involve working closely with other departments to speak to external audiences, including funders, investors, and donors.
- Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice.
- Assist in promoting to current and potential supporters, including researching prospects, developing, and maintaining prospect lists, coordinating meetings, drafting letters, and other marketing collateral.
- Build a network of professional service professionals who may be referrals to potential supporters.
- Assure all background data, contact, and donor/prospects follow-up is accurately recorded in Salesforce.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of relevant experience.
- Outstanding analytical skills, detail-oriented, and self-motivated.
- Can-do mindset. Enjoy work, find fun in having a positive impact.
- Non-profit and/or economic development experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated facility in proactively building relationships with investors or high-net-worth donors.
- Innovative thinker with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action.
- Self-reliant, results-oriented, good problem solver. Happy to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to convey complex concepts in a clear, concise, and logical manner.
- Sound judgment, discretion, tact, and the ability to work efficiently with senior leaders within the charitable, government, and business sectors.
- Knowledge of impact investing and/or technology-based economic development programs is preferred.
- Proficient with MS Office and CRM platforms such as Salesforce.
Compensation and Benefits:
Ben Franklin offers a competitive salary based on experience and skills and excellent benefits, including employer-paid health, disability, and life insurance, retirement savings plan with employer match, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off, including parental leave.
Please note: During COVID-19, our team has been working remotely, and we anticipate continuing to do so for the foreseeable future. While this position will start in a remote work environment, our preference is for hiring a candidate who intends to join us in the office when health conditions permit.